Third Reporting Cycle
Third Reporting Cycle (2019 – 2024)
During the third reporting cycle, Parties’ / jurisdictions’ progress in implementing NASCO’s Resolutions, Agreements and Guidelines was evaluated though Annual Progress Reports (APRs). Implementation Plans and Annual Progress Reports submitted by Parties / jurisdictions can be found in the table below.
IPs for Review in November 2020
IP Review Summary
|2019 – 2024||2019||2020|
|Denmark (Faroe Islands & Greenland)|
|Spain – Asturias||IP(19)20rev2||2019||2020|
|Spain – Cantabria||IP(19)22rev||2019||2020|
|Spain – Galicia||IP(19)19rev||2019||2020|
|Spain – Gipuzkoa||IP(20)04|
|Spain – Navarra||IP(19)14rev||2019||2020|
|UK – England & Wales||IP(19)13rev2||2019||2020|
|UK – Northern Ireland||IP(19)15rev||2019||2020|
|UK – Scotland||IP(19)10rev||2019||2020|
The Review Group
An expert group reviewed the Implementation Plans and Annual Progress Reports for each Party / jurisdiction. The IP / APR Review Group published reports of their meetings.
- Interim Report of the IP / APR Review Group for the Review of IPs under the Third Cycle of Reporting (2019 – 2024).
- Second Interim Report of the IP / APR Review Group for the Review of IPs under the Third Cycle of Reporting (2019 – 2024).
- APRs were not reviewed in 2020, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Enhanced Guidance for the Review of Implementation Plans, CNL(20)55.
- Guidelines for the Preparation and Evaluation of NASCO Implementation Plans and for Reporting on Progress, CNL(18)49.
- NASCO Implementation Plan for the period 2019 – 2024: Template.
- Annual Progress Report on Actions taken under the Implementation Plan for the Calendar Year 2019: Template.
- Annual Meeting Special Session – IP Presentation.
To strengthen implementation under the third reporting cycle (2019-2024), the Council decided that the President of NASCO would correspond with Parties / jurisdictions about their Implementation Plans (CNL(20)55). The following correspondence has taken place to date:
- Letter from President Requesting Revised IPs (16 October 2020).
- Response from Canada to Letter from President (3 November 2020).
- Response from the United States to Letter from President (16 November 2020).
Following the November 2020 review of IPs, for those Parties / jurisdictions with IPs, or sections of IPs, that are still considered by the Review Group to be unsatisfactory, the President of NASCO will write again to the relevant Minister, or other nominated official. The second letter will include the November review, and request a response to include how the Party / jurisdiction will demonstrate progress towards the attainment of NASCO’s Resolutions, Agreements and Guidelines in areas where deficiencies have been identified. The intention is to allow the response to be available prior to the IP Special Session webinar in spring 2021.